Our client, Jemena, a leading Australian energy distributor, serves 1.9 million residential and commercial properties with natural gas and electricity.
Managing an $11 billion utility infrastructure, Jemena supplies millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
By modernizing its call center delivery, Jemena wanted to improve engagement with its increasingly digital-savvy customers and enhance its overall customer experience (CX).
Faced with significant call volumes, Jemena sought to harness the power of digital transformation to deliver a major CX uplift program that would:
- Reduce average handle time (AHT)
- Support the real-time identification of supply outages
- Implement an effective quality assurance (QA) program and create clear performance metrics to aid ongoing training
- Deliver a superior employee experience (EX)
The Startek® solution:
To enable fast, efficient, 24/7 service, Startek:
- Developed four natural language voice bots with 112 intents and over 900 initial training use cases
- Set up call routing priorities based on specific intents
- Deployed top-tier natural language interactive voice response (IVR) with individual outage messaging, aiding virtual agent deflection
- Delivered a secure, user-friendly customer platform
- Provided an attractive agent user interface (UI) integrated with multiple client systems
- Customized and scalable call routing system reduced IVR navigation time
- Individual customer-level outage messaging via CLI recognition enhanced CX
- Achieved 34% call resolution via IVR virtual agent for electricity faults and emergencies by 2022
- Reduced average handle time (AHT) by 100 seconds within the initial 6 months of implementation
Download the case study to learn more.